Sunday, June 22, 2014

I Suggested That We Get a Dog

Calvin's parents on the decision to have kids:


"The contractor says that the repair will cost $200." 
 "Oh, that boy!"  

"Well, it's what happens when you raise a kid, no?"  
"Mm."  

"You don't regret that we we had Calvin, right?" 
 "What about you?"  

"I asked first, besides, it wasn't just my decision."
 "I just know that I suggested that we buy a dog, but you said no and..."
Notes:
educar is to educate, but it can also mean more generally to raise or to teach manners, so it can be used for what parents do as well as what teachers do
arrepentirse -  to regret and negarse -  to refuse are reflexive in Spanish
proponer - to propose or to suggest conjugates like poner: propuso, propuse, propusimos, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment