Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ir + infinitivo



This is an auxiliary verb construction to express events that will happen in the near future.  Although future actions are often expressed with the present tense in Spanish, this construction is also common when discussing what someone is going to do.


"We're going to descend little by little."  "Be careful, I feel so dizzy...Poor me..."
"Good...he went past...I'm going to concern myself with the other two before he comes back..."
"Well, there's more...The wire continues..." "Listen, you! Are you going to continue with this for a while?"
As usual, direct and indirect object pronouns come before the conjugated verb, which in this case is ir:


"I'm going to say something to this genius!"  "You're going to pay me for a new suit!"  "That?  It's for brushing suits."

No comments:

Post a Comment